Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America Has Spoken

The results are in and our new President has been elected. My heart is very heavy and very saddened. I am not saddened because it wasn't my "political party" who one, but that I have very serious questions and doubts of the man to take lead. I understand that this is history in the making, that he has just become the first African American to become President. It is not his color that I care about. It is his views, his morals, his values. The friends he has kept, the pastor that he let shepherd him, the inexperience that he has. Above all, I am mostly saddened by the fact that so many people would vote for someone who said the first thing he would do would make sure to keep abortion up and rolling. Maybe those little lives don't mean much to those people, but I can't bring myself to not be somewhat sad and angry that they are overlooked. People may say it was rape or incest but the statistics of that are sickeningly low. There are so many things that make my heart so sad about this election, but I think most of all God has been no where in it. I heard that the exit polls were asking questions to evangelical Christians and they didn't even bother to ask those questions in the New England States! My history tells me that is where the Pilgrims landed, and where they did EVERYTHING based on the word of God. Oh, how I am so sad for our country. I am so sad because there is no reverence, no love, no desire for Jesus. God is the one who puts whom he wants in office, and I know that he can change a King's heart....but what about America? Is it time for revival???

No comments: