Thursday, September 3, 2009

Now that I have a little more time on my hands I am faced with the places in my home that have been neglected...how did it get so out of hand??? Ahh, yes...children that's how. I am going to allow grace to fall on me for that today. I may not have spotless baseboards, but hey my children can say the name of Jesus, thank you Lord for that!

Anytime I have gotten a break I have used that time to try to soak up some alone time with the Lord. Now, hear me out, I am not one of these that has it all together and grinds my own wheat. For goodness sakes my kids have had their fair share of bologna and cheese for lunch and spaghetti for dinner. I am just saying that I have to steal moments here and there for me to survive the day and not eat my young :)

I do love the story of Mary and Martha because there have been more days than I would like to admit where I wanted to be Martha instead, and I'll tell you why. It makes me feel good to have a clean and orderly house. If someone were to stop by I would love to be able to open my home and the guests not trip over shoes, socks, and monster trucks. It think it is just that sick lie that women tell themselves that in order to be good enough, or have it all together then a clean house is a must. I love the thought that the more I am at home the cleaner and more organized things would be, ha! Having small children in the home for any amount of time is going to equal disaster.

Deep in my spirit I really do want to be Mary. The thought of just shutting everything thing in the world out to get a drink of some cool living water is way more appealing than scrubbing my toilets. I am not one of those that hates housework either, I actually find it rather therapeutic at times ( I know have an illness).

I am slowly learning that this may be one of the reasons that we are in this season. As sad as it is to let go of homeschooling, I am allowing that light of joy to come up that I am getting a rest and refreshment from where we have been.

No comments: