Monday, April 20, 2009

The Lion Tamer

So today has been one of those days where I wonder if I traded in my diplomas for a Ringmaster's costume and am in charge of the lion act at the circus. It all started when I woke earlier than usual to get a jump start on my quiet time (so I didn't eat the lions for breakfast). Well, I got about 15 minutes into it when I heard little voices. How I wish those had been voices in my head, but alas, it was my children. Oh, how I could see it all going down hill in a matter of 2 hours because they got up way to early and they would be fighting like big cats (no pun intended).

I will make this post as painless as possible and not go through my day step by step, but lets just say by 10:00 (AM mind you) I was about to be in tears because I had to send one child to her room ( who will remain anonymous) because she was...well...I won't rehash all of that. I will just keep it to a "she had to do her school work in her room by herself for a certain amount of time because she was exercising freedom of speech a little too freely". She hates to be seperated like that, so it that usually helps remind her not to do it again.

While one lion was in time out for almost eating her sibling, brother lion was not wanting to cooperate with his potty training. On top of all of that, our neighbors detest us because we have a dog that likes to destroy anything that resembles flowers, and well, this is spring and we all know what happens in the spring. We have been trying to use the shock collar thing, but my husband and I are both chickens and don't want to see her be put through such trauma...plus the dog has figured it out and doesn't even want to go outside. She is hyper, needs to run, but can't due to her being a pest to the neighbors so she stays in. By the end of the evening she is dying for some freedom and needing to burn off energy, so she wants to play at all hours of the night!! I am
O-V-E-R it big time!

So by 10:00 (am) I smell like pee pee, my eyebrows are wrinkled and frownie, and am ready to give the dog to the first person that comes to the door. When the dust settles and all is quiet at nap time and all are tucked happily in their beds, I take a deep sigh of relief and say "I would do it all over again."

I think I need a shrink.

2 comments:

RadioFence.com said...

Remote Shock Collars are one of the most effective, simplest and most humane training aids available. Remote Shock Collars are placed on a dog's neck, allowing a trainer to deliver small static corrections of varying strength by remote control. The correction the dog gets from the remote dog training collar is no different than static from walking on carpet. The benefits of working with a remote dog training collar is the trainer can immediately correct a dog's mistakes at a distance far greater than leash training allows. A Shock Collar is a safe, effective and humane way to train your dog.

Jenn said...

well i don't know anything about dog training.. hehehe.. but I do know that I am prayng hard for you. I cannot wait to hear how your weekend goes. Know this girl has prayed for you MUCH from here and will be praying all weekend.. so much so I am sure it will feel like I am there. By the way-- just don't judge the weekend right away.. it gets better and better EVERY day as it goes on as they will tell you. Thanks so much for trusting me!!