Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Valentine

It is the little things that makes my heart know that the Lord has given me a Valentine for everyday of the year! Enjoy...

Our love story began when I was a little girl playing in my front yard. I looked up to the sky and began to ask God who I was going to marry. I couldn't stand not knowing, but a few years later I met the man who would become my husband. I was in the fourth grade and he was in the eighth. Of course he did not return the same crush at the time, it wasn't until I was seventeen that he finally took notice. Here we are almost 12 years later and I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect match. I truly believe that God is the one who brought us together because he completes me in all the areas that I lack in. I believe that our love story is unique because if doesn't consist of romantic dinners, exotic vacations, or beautiful jewelry. What makes him so beautiful to me is his commitment to our two children and me. He has stuck beside me through ALL of my ups and downs, supported me in my decision to continue my education and then to set it aside to be at home with our children.

The small details like painting my toenails or shaving my legs when I was too pregnant to bend over is what he is about. I have come home many times from doctor’s visits and he has already begun supper, or going to the grocery store when the kids were sick and I couldn't leave them. Instead of buying me a card at a holiday, he draws me a picture card, which consists of our home, kids, cat, dog, and fish (he even puts RIP beside one of the animals that is no longer with us). In anything that he does he puts our family first. He would climb the tallest mountain if he knew it was something I wanted to do. He never lets on that I am driving him crazy although I know I have to be. He remembers what I was wearing on our first date, as well as places that we went to on a lazy day that I can't recall at all. He knows me better than I know myself. When I have been at home for many days and he can tell that it is wearing on me, he will say, "why don't you go somewhere by yourself and I will put the kids to bed".

My husband is what I have dreamed of my whole life. I pictured my wedding day as being the most special day of my life, and he even allowed us to be married right in the middle of hunting season and on the same day as the TN/Georgia game! It poured down rain on our wedding day, but we didn't care. All I remember is walking down the isle and seeing how scared the poor fella looked. He has never left my side, nor do I think he will. Our story may not be much to others, but to me it is the world. His commitment to our marriage and family is more romantic than any vacation or jewelry store could offer.

God knew exactly what I needed to help me be whole again.

No comments: