Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bunny Slippers or Prada?

Reality has set in for me in that what I am doing in my home is my calling. I have been battling for a while what my purpose is, what is next, and so forth. I have become frustrated because I have tried to manufacture other ideas of what I could do with my life and my purpose. I realized while I was talking with my husband about some questioning I recieved about my homeschooling that some other thoughts surfaced. Some of the questions were how long I will continue to do it, socialization, and are you going to do this with your son as well and others that I am not quite immune to yet, therefore I was making my case for my reasons to my husband. In the course of our conversation we talked about the extra money that could be earned, more time for me by myself, and maybe, just maybe we could have a boat. Now there is priority!

It hit me like a ton of bricks when I said the words I have given up my life. Huh. I have never thought about what I do as just that. I hope I am not making it sound so sad and lonely because it is more than that. Sometimes it is lonely. Many times it is frustrating and hard. But as my materialistic mind started to churn and I begin to type out my resume in my mind, my bunny slippers were stopped in their tracks. All is took was a few words from my husband to make me wad up that resume, and put down the nine west shoe catalog...

"Your not quitting. Your not giving up. I like you being home. I like coming home for lunch and you being here. I like you teaching the kids. Your the best." Does that just say "I'm in" or what! Sure the extra money would be nice, but then I wouldn't be there when my daughter reads her first sentence by herself. I could trade in my lunch special of PB&J with a fruit, chips and drink all while watching Tom and Jerry for a lunch with stimulating conversation with girlfriends. Or I could enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee all to myself rather than having to drink my morning cup so fast like it is water in order to keep from my son trying to sneak it away.

I know the temptation will come again to try to woo me away from where I am, but it is my adventure that I am not ready to give up. It may make zero sense to others who don't understand, but I have to remember God didn't ask them to understand he asked me to follow through. I don't want to miss one second of the life he has planned for me, and if I listen to the nay sayers I will. I don't understand all that He has up his sleeves...but neither did the disciples!

So I say you wear the shoes that God has so perfectly designed just for you! I may someday wear Prada shoes, but for now I'll take my bunny slippers :)

1 comment:

Wendy Blight said...

Leanne,

It's Wendy Blight. I stopped by Renee's blog and saw your comment regarding my story about Lauren. I do want to encourage you to Pray, Pray, Pray, and ask God for opportunities to speak Truth in love to her. He WILL be faithful.

Lauren and I struggled for a long time, and as God I prayed and went to Him for Truth and wisdom, I changed me, and she changed - her heart is softer and she really treats me differently. Oh, we still have moments every now and then, but she is more repentant, and I am more patient.

God is faithful. Please stop by my blog sometime and let me know how you are doing. I am going to pray right now for you!

Blessings to you,

Wendy