Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is the day the Lord has made

This week has been different for us around the house. My mother in law has been staying with me while D is away hunting. I don't like staying by myself, so I asked her to stay with me. In the past I would have to grit my teeth because both of us are very strong women who love the same man. There has always been one problem to our relationship...neither one of us wanted to be wrong, and we both wanted to have the last word. I have had to stand up to her on several occasions, but I never enjoyed it. Anytime I would confront her, the hard exterior that she showed suddenly began to soften. I began to understand that deep down I know that she wanted to like me, I just didn't know how to get to that point of grace with her. Over time, the Lord worked out so much anger and resentment in me and replaced it with patience, love, and respect! Don't get me wrong, my hair on my neck can still bristle, but it is only when I am not allowing the Lord to help me to let it go. As she left this morning, I was overwhelmed with a sense of thanksgiving that she was willing to sacrifice her comfortable bed in exchange for an unknown one. I am so overcome with supernatural love and peace because the Lord has truly done an awesome work in me to NOT be filled with so much anger against her. At this moment I would rather share the good news of our restored friendship rather than hunting down a friend to dump all my sorrows on.

When the kids and I are having a rough time, I sing a song to change the mood and bring focus back on Jesus. (If that doesn't work, we all stop and hit the floor before I hit the roof :) One thing that I waited until the very last to do in this situation was sing thanksgiving to the Lord for the people that, for reasons known to Him, He has strategically placed in my life rather than grumbling and complaining. I may never know why he put my MIL and I together, but I am defiantly a testimony that MIL's are not the worst thing that have ever happened...

Rejoice in the Lord Always and Again I say Rejoice!

This Is the Day that the Lord has Made, I will rejoice and be Glad in it!

No comments: