Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shout to the Lord with a Care Bear Stare

When I was a little girl I used to watch the Care Bears, as many girls my age did. Today, the Care Bears have come back in style, so I get to relive those cute and fun loving little bears all over again with my daughter. The Care Bears all had their own unique personalities and would all help one another with their special "gifts" that were given to them, and they so proudly wore them on their cute little bear tummies. I am not really sure about how the story of the bears came about, and who gave them their own special gift, all I know is that even Grumpy Bear was helpful. As I can recall, each episode never ended without the "Care Bear Stare" to help save the day. Each Bear would proudly and courageously stand together and and one would say "Care Bears, Stare!", and all of the colors of the rainbow would come from each bear and unite with the other's colors. Oh, the colors were so mesmerizing. I always felt that justice would be served when those little bears would come together like that!

What made me think of this illustration comes from my own frustration of wanting to shout from the mountaintops my praise and worship to the Lord. My children hear me over and over about loving the Lord with all we have, but they are so small they just jump up and down and then go back to their coloring book and goldfish. It is short lived. I tell my husband, and although he loves to hear my proclamations he does have a stomach that needs to be filled and dirty clothes that don't wash themselves. The cashier at Wal-Mart just wants to take a break and doesn't want to be bothered with some crazy white girl talking about colors shining from her "tummy." So with my frustraions I turned to the Lord and asked if he would help me to make sense of my longing to stand on a mountain top and fling my arms wide open, shoutingmy song to Him. He lead me to Isaiah (which is where I have been going lateley, so I think I need to take a deeper look into this book, what do you think??)

In reading Isaiah 12 I became so excited to see in black and white about the thanksgiving we will give in the Kingdom. I am probably reading out of context, but my small mind comprehended the words this way: "The Lord is my strength and my song" (vs 2), "With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation"! (vs 3) But the verse that made me see what I am longing for is vs 4.

"In that day you will say:
Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that His name is exalted." I wish I had a voice over for this one so you could hear me say "Boo-Ya"!! "Whoop Whoop!! Can you say "Care bear Stare to the Lord for all that His is and all that He has done!!

Do you get it?? Picture it: (If you have to picture the Care Bears then go for it, that is how my mind works these days...kiddie language) One day ALL nations will be standing together, holding hands and giving our best chest sticking out stare that we can! All of our colors, gifts,talents, and praise will all come out of each heart and come together and unite as one and all for our Savior!
There will be no more bad guys to fight. There will be no more grumpy bears, or "good luck bears." There will be no more Idol Bears, Alcoholic Bears, Tobacco Bears, Drug Bears, molester Bears, Greedy Bears, prideful bears...I could go on and on, but I think you see where I was going with that one.

In that day we will ALL be praise bears!!

No comments: